About Parental Involvement
2014-2015 Title I District Parental Involvement Policy
SBCISD Title I Parental Involvement Department agrees to:
- Be governed by the following statutory definition of parental involvement, and will carry out programs, activities, and procedures in accordance with this definition:
Parental involvement means the participation of parents in regular, two-way, and meaningful communication involving student academic learning and other school activities.
- Involve the parents of children served under Title I, Part A in decisions about how Title I, Part A funds reserved for parental involvement are spent.
- Jointly develop/revise with parents the district parental involvement policy and distribute it to parents of participating children and make available the parental involvement plan to the local community
- Jointly conduct, with the involvement of parents, an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the district parental involvement policy
- Use the findings of the parental involvement policy evaluation to design strategies for more effective parental involvement, and to revise, if necessary, the district’s parental involvement policy
- If the plan for Title I, Part A, developed under section 1112, is not satisfactory to the parents of participating children, the district will submit parent comments with the plan when developing it.